Time and Talent
Time and Talent
As disciples of Christ, part of our weekly offertory financially supports Hagerstown Rescue Mission, CASA, Salvation Army, STAR Venture, Hagerstown Area Pregnancy Center and Children in Need.
While giving to others, we support individual parishioner needs and maintain our physical plant and human resource requirements to provide the ministry needs on a day to day basis.
Please visit our Community Outreach page for other ways to make a difference.
Jesus calls each disciple to follow him not only in heart and thought, but also in action, throughout the hours, days, weeks, months and years of our lives! Here is an easy guide for prayerfully discerning how you might share God’s gift of the time in your life:
Step 1: Begin with prayer, asking the Lord’s guidance and inspiration as you seek to discern His will for you.
Step 2: Identify the times of the day and days of the week that I will commit to spending time with God in prayer, perhaps including:
- My “first thing in the morning” time will be …
- My “last thing before I retire” time will be …
- My weekly participation at Saturday/Sunday Mass will be …
- My weekly time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament will be …
- As my schedule may allow, my participation in Weekday Mass could be …
Step 3 Identify some time that I will share in service to others, perhaps including:
- A Worship Ministry – helping as an Altar Assistant, Altar Server, Lector, Eucharistic Minister, Greeter, Usher, Music Ministry, Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW), Sacristy Care …https://stannchurch.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=43&action=edit
- A Parish Life Ministry – helping with Bereavement Luncheons, New Parishioner Welcoming, Golf Outing, Social Events, Catholic Golden Age, Parish Nursing …https://stannchurch.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=166&action=edit
- An Outreach Ministry – helping with our Haiti Partner Parish, Shawl Shepherds, Micah’s Backpack, Loaves & Fishes, Visiting the Sick, REACH Winter Shelter…https://stannchurch.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=170&action=edit
- A Faith Formation Ministry – helping with our Foundations in Faith elementary students, our Sacramental Preparation and Confirmation students, our Middle School and High School students, our RCIA team, our Small Groups… https://stannchurch.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=137&action=edit
Click this link to see our full “menu of ministries” in our Time & Talent Brochure!
A Reflection on Time and Talent
Are we being good STEWARDS of our TIME?
There are 24 hours in each day.
How many hours do you spend commuting?
Using social media?
How many hours do you dedicate to volunteer work and prayer?
God affords each of us 168 hours each week.
How do you choose to spend your time?
Check out this list with opportunities to share your TIME!
Are we being good STEWARDS of our TALENTS?
Are you sharing our talents with our parish community?
Are you involved in a parish ministry?
Are you putting your talents to full use while at work?
Check out this list for opportunities to share your TALENT!