The Outreach Committee serves the poor, bereaved, homeless, homebound, sick, and imprisoned in our community and in our sister parish in Haiti.
Littlest Angels Campaign has begun -LITTLEST ANGELS, a nutrition program for the youngest children of St. Claire Parish in Haiti, provides meals for students every school day. Sometimes this meal, served at school, is their only meal of the day. In Haiti, 22% of children under five suffer from chronic malnutrition while nine out of 100 will die before their 5th birthday! These problems would persist for many school age children were it not for programs such as Littlest Angels. Our donations can and do make a difference! We invite you to join this partnership between St. Ann and St. Claire this Lent by supporting one or more of these “Littlest Angels”. Our goal this year is to feed 800 students. The cost is $67 per child which feeds that child all year. Won’t you help today?!
Donations to the Poor Box for February are dedicated to the non-profit W House of Hagerstown Foundation, Inc. The mission of W House is to provide residential, intensive outpatient, and transitional housing for women who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction. For additional information, please call (301) 791-7826 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach activities include:
- Bereavement Committee - provides refreshments for various events at the church. Contact Christina Doucette, email@example.com.
- Catholic Golden Angels – make favors for residents of area nursing homes each Thursday morning from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Christmas Giving Tree – provide Christmas gifts to area agencies.
- Haiti Outreach – provide parishioners of St. Ann in Hagerstown and St. Claire in Dessalines, Haiti an opportunity to experience the Universal Church and serve one another as brothers and sisters in faith. For more information, please contact the Parish Office.
- Holly Place Meals – provide a meal to a low-income resident of a local nursing center. To volunteer, please call Donna Louzon at 301-733-0410 ext. 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homebound EM Visitors – visit those homebound and share the Eucharist
- Loaves and Fishes – collection of food for the local food bank.
- Micah’s Backpack – In partnership with Washington County Public Schools and the Faith Community and Community Organizations to provide backpacks of food for hungry students on weekends during the school year. St. Ann’s sponsors students at Maugansville Elementary School and South High School. Assistance is needed with organizing this effort, food donations, stocking and maintaining the pantry, packing backpacks, and delivering them each week. Please contact Donna Louzon, email@example.com, 301-733-0410 ext. 10 for additional information. Further info can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cF2qTajC6A
- Nursing Home EM Visitors – visit residents and share the Eucharist.
- Parish Nursing Program – provide monthly blood pressure checks after Mass. For info., please contact Mary Kay Gilbert, firstname.lastname@example.org
- REACH Cold Weather Shelter – make and serve a meal at the shelter. For info., please contact Lue Jardinier, email@example.com. St Ann volunteers help at the shelter one week in the winter.
- Shawl Shepherds – knit or crochet prayer shawls for those in need. For information, please call Marian Marshall at 301-739-8604.
Food Collection Sunday for 2017 – Feb 25; March 25; Apr 22; May 27; June 24; July 22, 2018
Loaves and Fishes—Please bring non-perishable food items to feed the hungry in our community. Monetary donations are also welcomed.
Micah’s Backpack— Each month we collect individual serving items needed for children at Maugansville Elementary School and South High. The items needed are listed in the bulletin monthly. If you would like more information, please contact Donna Louzon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-733-0410 x10.
Children in Need provides assistance for local families. We collect socks and underwear in August. We collect used winter coats in October-November; new hats and gloves for both Children in Need and Head Start in January and full-sized toiletries in March-April.
Thank you to Wegman’s Food store in Frederick who donated gift cards towards our Micah’s Backpack feeding program. We feed 28 elementary school and 10 teens each week at local schools.
Outreach Reports and Newsletters