The Outreach Committee serves the poor, bereaved, homeless, homebound, sick, and imprisoned in our community and in our sister parish in Haiti.
St Ann Corporal Acts of Mercy Collection & Donation Drive will continue through Dec. 6. Join St Ann’s Family Formation efforts to participate on a few of the Corporal Acts of Mercy. Please consider donating items, time & talent to a couple of the Washington County local community agencies that we are supporting this November. You can find out all the details on what we are collecting & sign up to donate on our website at http://stannchurch.com/parish-life/parish-events/. Donation-Collection11012020
This year’s St Ann Christmas Giving Tree will be a little different, due to COVID. We will not be hanging tags on trees in church. Instead sign ups for gifts are online through the following Google doc.
If you would like to sponsor a gift, please fill in your full name in Column F and hit “Enter”. Make a note of the agency name and recipient’s name for the tag. Please purchase the gift, wrap the gift and attach the tag to mark the gift and drop it off in the parish center Dec 5-13 or in the office.
If you have any questions or need assistance choosing a gift, please contact the Parish Office, 301-733-0410 ext. 4; or firstname.lastname@example.org. As in the past, thank you for your continued generosity.
Giving Tree link:
FOOD COLLECTION WEEKEND- We will be collecting monthly for Loaves & Fishes and Micah’s Backpack. If you would like more information, please contact Donna Louzon at email@example.com or 301-733-0410 x102.
- Loaves and Fishes—Please bring non-perishable food items to feed the hungry in our community. Monetary donations are also welcomed.
- Micah’s Backpack— Each month we collect individual serving items needed for children at Jonathan Hager Elementary School. The items needed are listed in the bulletin monthly.
Donations to the Poor Box - Each month we donate the proceeds of the poor box to a local non-profit. July-Holly Place; August-Parishioners’ needs; September-Children in Need; October-Hagerstown Rescue Mission; Nov-Hagerstown Pregnancy Center; December-Loaves & Fishes food bank; January-CASA; February-It’s a Blessing to be a blessing; March-Salvation Army; April-STAR Ventures; May-Big Brothers/Big Sisters; June-Mary’s Center.
Outreach activities include:
- Bereavement Committee - provides refreshments for various events at the church. Contact Christina Doucette, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Golden Angels – make favors for residents of area nursing homes each Thursday morning from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Contact Emily Sodano.
- Christmas Giving Tree – provide Christmas gifts to area agencies. Contact Donna Louzon, email@example.com
- Haiti Outreach – provide parishioners of St. Ann in Hagerstown and St. Claire in Dessalines, Haiti an opportunity to experience the Universal Church and serve one another as brothers and sisters in faith. For more information, please contact the Jim Gullace, JGullace@gofirsthome.com.
- Holly Place Meals – provide a meal to a low-income resident of a local nursing center. To volunteer, please call Donna Louzon at 301-733-0410 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homebound EM Visitors – visit those homebound and share the Eucharist. Contact Barb Mills, email@example.com
- Loaves and Fishes – collection of food for the local food bank. Contact Bill Nairn, Nairn.William@aol.com
- Micah’s Backpack – In partnership with Washington County Public Schools and the Faith Community and Community Organizations to provide backpacks of food for hungry students on weekends during the school year. St. Ann’s sponsors a total of 30 students each week. Assistance is needed with organizing this effort, food donations, stocking and maintaining the pantry, packing backpacks, and delivering them each week. Please contact Donna Louzon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-733-0410 ext. 102 for additional information. Further info can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cF2qTajC6A Flyer: Micahs Backpack flyer 2019-2020
- Nursing Home EM Visitors – visit residents and share the Eucharist. Contact Angela Roberts, email@example.com.
- Parish Nursing Program – provide monthly blood pressure checks after Mass. For info., please contact Mary Kay Gilbert, firstname.lastname@example.org
- REACH Cold Weather Shelter – make and serve a meal at the shelter. For info., please contact Lue Jardinier, email@example.com. St Ann volunteers help at the shelter one week in the winter.
- Shawl Shepherds – knit or crochet prayer shawls for those in need. Shawl Shepherds will meet the first Sunday of the month at 1:30 pm in the Library. All knitters and crocheters are welcome. For more information, call Marian Marshall at 301-739-8604.
Communion to the Sick/Homebound: Please contact the Parish Office if you or someone you know is unable to attend Mass and wishes to receive the Eucharist at home or at a health care institution.
OTHER LOCAL OUTREACH OPPORTUNITIES
The St. Vincent de Paul Society has placed two bins on our campus to collect gently-used clothing and shoes. The mission of St. Vincent de Paul is to help those less fortunate. Our prayer is to have ears to hear the “cries of the poor,” to have eyes to “seek and find the forgotten, the suffering or the deprived,” and to have hearts that “bring God’s love to the poor”. Please only place clothing and shoes in the bins.
Thank you to Weiss food store who donates gift cards towards our Micah’s Backpack feeding program.
November 1-December 6. St Ann Corporal Acts of Mercy Collection & Donation Drive- Join St Ann’s Family Formation efforts to participate on a few of the Corporal Acts of Mercy. Please consider donating items, time & talent to a couple of the Washington County local community agencies that we are supporting this November.
Click here to see what is needed at which agency: Donation-Collection11012020
Click here to sign up for It’s a Blessing donations: https://stannhagerstown.flocknote.com/signup/23614
Click here for a printable copy of Giving Tree Instructions: Giving Tree Insert 11292020