The Outreach Committee serves the poor, bereaved, homeless, homebound, sick, and imprisoned in our community and in our sister parish in Haiti.
FOOD COLLECTION WEEKEND- We will be collecting monthly for Loaves & Fishes and Micah’s Backpack. If you would like more information, please contact Donna Louzon at email@example.com or 301-733-0410 x10.
Donations to the Poor Box in Julywill go to the non-profit Holly Place, a local resident home for the elderly. For questions, please call (301) 582-0282.
Outreach activities include:
- Bereavement Committee - provides refreshments for various events at the church. Contact Christina Doucette, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Golden Angels – make favors for residents of area nursing homes each Thursday morning from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Christmas Giving Tree – provide Christmas gifts to area agencies.
- Haiti Outreach – provide parishioners of St. Ann in Hagerstown and St. Claire in Dessalines, Haiti an opportunity to experience the Universal Church and serve one another as brothers and sisters in faith. For more information, please contact the Parish Office.
- Holly Place Meals – provide a meal to a low-income resident of a local nursing center. To volunteer, please call Donna Louzon at 301-733-0410 ext. 10 or email@example.com.
- Homebound EM Visitors – visit those homebound and share the Eucharist
- Loaves and Fishes – collection of food for the local food bank.
- Micah’s Backpack – In partnership with Washington County Public Schools and the Faith Community and Community Organizations to provide backpacks of food for hungry students on weekends during the school year. St. Ann’s sponsors students at Maugansville Elementary School and South High School. Assistance is needed with organizing this effort, food donations, stocking and maintaining the pantry, packing backpacks, and delivering them each week. Please contact Donna Louzon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-733-0410 ext. 10 for additional information. Further info can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cF2qTajC6A
- Nursing Home EM Visitors – visit residents and share the Eucharist.
- Parish Nursing Program – provide monthly blood pressure checks after Mass. For info., please contact Mary Kay Gilbert, email@example.com
- REACH Cold Weather Shelter – make and serve a meal at the shelter. For info., please contact Lue Jardinier, firstname.lastname@example.org. St Ann volunteers help at the shelter one week in the winter.
- Shawl Shepherds – knit or crochet prayer shawls for those in need. For information, please call Marian Marshall at 301-739-8604.
Food Collection Sunday for 2018 – July 22, 2018
Loaves and Fishes—Please bring non-perishable food items to feed the hungry in our community. Monetary donations are also welcomed.
Micah’s Backpack— Each month we collect individual serving items needed for children at Maugansville Elementary School and South High. The items needed are listed in the bulletin monthly. If you would like more information, please contact Donna Louzon at email@example.com or 301-733-0410 x10. Here is the 2018 results report on Micah’s Backpack from Washington County Schools. Wash Co Report on Micahs Backpack for 2018
Children in Need provides assistance for local families. We collect socks and underwear in August. We collect used winter coats in October-November; new hats and gloves for both Children in Need and Head Start in January and full-sized toiletries in March-April.
Thank you to Weiss and Martins food stores who donate gift cards towards our Micah’s Backpack feeding program. We feed 28 elementary school and 10 teens each week at local schools.