Pre-K to Grade 8
The Pre-K program is for children who will be 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year. Sessions are held in the Library of the Manalis Center from 10:15am – 11:15 am on Sunday mornings from September through May and taught by two catechists. The class curriculum uses the series “God Made the World,” which includes stories, prayer, games, crafts, and music as a means to praise God and to express faith.
- Elementary children in grades K-5 meet on Sunday mornings from 10:15 am – 11:15 a.m. Class sizes are from 10-12 students. They are taught by two adult volunteer catechists and a teen aide. Classes meet from September through May. (See the Foundations in Faith calendar for specific dates)· All grade levels (K-5) will be following the comprehensive curriculum guidelines established by the Archdiocese of Baltimore. The Foundations in Faith program teaches the four pillars of the Catholic Church: Creed, Prayer, Sacraments and Life of Faith in a thought provoking and engaging manner. The goal of our program is to create an enthusiasm for our rich Catholic faith and the means for living that faith each day, no matter the age of the student.
Grades 6, 7 & 8
- · We are using the EDGE program for our Grades 6, 7 & 8. This program is designed to meet the educational, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of young adolescents. EDGE meets twice a month on Sunday from 6-8 pm. This provides a safe, fun place for youth to find solid Catholic community, to get answers to their questions about faith, and, most importantly, to experience Jesus in a profound and personal way. Edge resources speak to the physical, psychological, cognitive, relational, and spiritual maturation of middle school youth. The resources present Catholic teaching in a way that young people can understand.
- · We have a team of 6 Catechists who are knowledgeable and volunteer their time to pass on the Catholic Faith and lead the teens closer to Christ.
- Meet the Teachers on September 8, 2019 from 10:30 am–11:15 am Edge Middle School Parent meeting and Meet the EDGE Catchists
FIF EDGE Middle School begins Sun., Sept. 29 from 6:00-8:00 pm in Cana/Capernaum rooms in Manalis Center
- To register: http://stannchurch.com/faith-formation/registration/
Home School Program
The home study program is offered for parents who make the decision to provide intentional faith formation for their children at home. Textbooks are provided, and opportunities for support and community are offered during the year. If you are interested in this option, please call Amy Rohan at 301-733-0410 ext.15 more information.
This program is designed to encourage lifelong friendship among children in grades K through 5th. It allows children to expand their faith and friendships through a variety of fun activities.
All children of the parish in pre-K through 5th grade are invited to participate in our Junior Believers youth group activities to help build a sense of community in our parish youth. Join us in the fun of skating, holiday parties, and good old fashion outdoor games, and build on faith-filled friendships through good times! Simply RSVP to specific activities as indicated and come join in the fun!
All kids in Kindergarten – 5th grade come join the Junior Believers Fall Fun! There will be Pumpkin Painting, Scarecrow Making, Candy Corn Bowling and games! We will meet on Sunday, September 15 from 2:00 – 4:00 pm in the Manalis Center! Flyer/Permission is outside the office doors and on our website! Fall Fun flyer 2019
All participants must have a liability form on file or in hand. All Volunteers must be Shield the Vulnerable STAND trained.
Our middle school youth group is about fellowship and fun for 6th-8th graders. The middle school youth meet once a month for various events that involve fun, games, food and friends, either in St. Ann Parish Center or off grounds. Depending on the activity (corn maze, holiday party, bowling, scavenger hunt) day and time will vary from month to month. Friends are always welcome, they don’t have to belong to St. Ann to attend, but all participants must have a completed liability form on file or in hand to participate.
Monday, August 19. Water Olympics Everyone in 6th-12th grades are invited to Water Olympics on Mon, Aug 19th from 6-8pm on St. Ann’s Campus. We will be combining with St. Mary’s crew to go head to head in water games. Please wear your bathing suit, bring a towel & change of clothes. You may want to wear a shirt that can be worn and get wet during the games, especially for the slip-n-slide. Register here: Water Olympics 2019 Flyer RSVP by Thursday, August 15th. Contact Lisa Noel with any questions, 301-733-0410 x22.
All Volunteers must be Shield the Vulnerable STAND trained.
Please contact the Parish Office with questions or to enroll in any of these programs.
EMERGENCY CLOSINGS: In the event of inclement weather or other emergencies, please call the Parish Office (301-733-0410) or check St Ann Facebook and Flocknote.
On Sunday, if Foundations in Faith is cancelled a decision will be made by 8 am. For Confirmation, a decision will be made by 3 pm.
During the week, if school is cancelled, there will be no 8 am Mass and all activities at the Church will be cancelled. If school is delayed, there will be no Mass but activities at the Church will still be held, weather pending. Check with the parish office to confirm your event. As always, please use your discretion in inclement weather.